About Archives Cast Links The Junk Drawer

icy

Hi! I'm at Amalia's house, and I have a rediscovered appreciation for both central heating and underfloor heating. It's so nice to be warm even when it's freezing outside. Forget it being ten degrees colder inside than outside like it is at home. Ugh! It snowed a couple of days before I got here, and now there's ice all over the place. I nearly slipped and fell on my butt twice in one afternoon, because snow always melts and then freezes again in Dalian. Always. 

I remember when I was in sixth grade, to get to school I had to go down a fairly steep road which was never, ever cleared after it snowed. Going down was fun, but up? Not so much. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you remember the day before Carew's birthday when we came over to your house, and it was so that after we met up with you and your mom, the wind pushed us all the way to the store? and then trying to come back we had an impossible time. You lent me your giant dark red coat and I looked like a maroon marshmallow.

That was only two weeks after we met you.

P.S. fropp!