About Archives Cast Links The Junk Drawer

jinxed

Today and tomorrow, a bunch of the high school kids are in Beijing at a soccer tournament, so it was and (I hope) will continue to be nice and quiet at school. Also, my history and PE teacher is gone. So we're going to watch a movie tomorrow third period instead of running laps. FUN!

I spent my lunch period making posters for Fine Arts Night. Why can I not do artsy--fartsy stuff to save my life? Or maybe I can, I just never learned how. I haven't had a single art lesson since 3rd grade, and I'm not the kind of person who will go off and draw on her own.

I am, however, the kind of person who will go off and write on her own. I've got this brilliant idea, but I'm not going to talk about it too much for fear of jinxing it. I'm not usually superstitious, but with something as delicate as writing you can never be too careful. Plus, I already walked under a ladder and saw a black cat today, so I really don't think I should push it. *knocks on wood, turns around three times and spits, puts on good luck charm* There. Now at least I FEEL safe. But you never know what might be lurking around the next corner...

Oh, wait. I don't think I even have a good luck charm. So much for that. I'm officially jinxed! And so is whatever I'm going to write (it'll be brilliant) when I find the time! Aagh!

Just kidding.

0 comments: