About Archives Cast Links The Junk Drawer

gunshots at home and rain elsewhere

I woke up to the sound of lightning this morning, and shot out of bed yelling "Thunderstorm! Thunderstorm!" I absolutely love rain. By the time I got to school, I was drenched, shivering and not nearly as excited about the rain as I was before. But my enthusiasm returned when I noticed that it was pitch black outside around 9:00 AM. Just around that time the lights started flickering, but the electricity didn't go out just then.

When I got home, however, I was laying in bed reading when I heard a gunshot and the fuse blew. At that moment I discovered that a whole light bulb can explode for absolutely no reason and leave shards of glass everywhere and sound like a gunshot. Not to mention the blown fuse. I didn't dare go out of my room because I could see slivers of glass right outside my bedroom door, and of course I was barefooted. So I had to call Mom, who was at the bank, and asked her to come home and get me a pair of slippers so that I could start cleaning up the mess in the living room. It really made me wonder how careful people who make light bulbs are.

So let that be a lesson to you all, and be careful when you make light bulbs, lest they explode in someone's face.

0 comments: