About Archives Cast Links The Junk Drawer

in which Layli babbles about the wind

I can hear the wind howling outside... I think the apartment building I live in and the one beside it are too close together and create a wind tunnel. I actually like the sound. It's a bit dark and freaky, but is fun to listen to while imagining things.

Tomorrow is high school field trip day. I'm so excited... not. At least it gives everyone some reprieve from school though. Right now, tempers are running short because people are worn out. One day's break isn't going to solve that, but it may ease tensions for a little while.

The drama club (which consists of 9 people) is going to put on Arsenic and Old Lace. We just decided this today, so we have 8 weeks to get everything done in time for the show (7 weeks if you exclude vacation). Hopefully everything will get done well with a minimum amount of glitches.

The wind is still howling--it sounds like someone lashing a whip. Hopefully it won't rain on us tomorrow. That would certainly put a damper on things (bad pun intended).

Sweet dreams...

Before I go to bed, I just want to add that the title of this post is a parody of the chapter titles in Patricia C. Wrede's series "The Enchanted Forest Chronicles". If you like fantasy and haven't read those books, read them--they're very good.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

FAVORITE EVER!
Seriously...I have an extra set and if you don't have your own copies, you can have my second when you come out this summer. ;)