About Archives Cast Links The Junk Drawer

I think I'm a knowledge-worm

This is what happens when I go to the library. 

The Ideology of the Aesthetic by Terry Eagleton

Reason & Religious Belief by Peterson, Hasker, Reichenbach and Basinger

Ethics Across Cultures by Michael C. Brannigan

Elements of Cartography by Robinson, Morrison, Muehrcke, Kimerling and Guptill

Environmental Science by Cunningham, Cunningham and Woodworth Saigo

Psychology and Life by Gerrig and Zimbardo

Cultural Anthropology by Conrad Phillip Kottak

I didn't make it to the literature section, since I only get to check out seven books at once. 

P.S. I spent half the morning watching The West Wing though, so I'm not quite as saint-like as you think. 

1 comments:

Dan Haug said...

Hey Layli,
If you want a cartography book, look for "How to Lie with Maps" by Mark Monmonier. If you want a really dense intellectual tome on maps, you could try "How Maps Work" by Alan MacEachren. It touches on perception and cognition and the possible roles they play in the way we construct and represent spatial knowledge.

How to Lie with Maps, is a fun read.