About Archives Cast Links The Junk Drawer

everything you ever wanted to know about me, and more!

Random things about me, just because I feel like it. 

My favorite cheese is pepper jack. 

I hate answering the phone, partially because when I'm at home I have no idea in what language I should say "hello". 

I'm not exactly a neat freak, I think I'm more of a cleanliness freak. I don't mind a bit of mess or clutter, as long as it's clean, but I can't stand things like dirty dishes lying around. 

I have no idea what I look like without my glasses on, because when I take them off I can't see myself in the mirror clearly. 

I know all the words to the Chinese national anthem, but I can't sing the American. I don't think I've even heard more than bits and pieces of the American national anthem. 

Besides the usual pork, chicken, beef, turkey, mutton and goat, I've also eaten raccoon, bear, horse, skunk and rattlesnake. 

I love the smell of coal burning. 

I taught myself how to swim at the age of three. 

Technically, my name should be "Laylí". 

I've never been to a sports game. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, say can you see
By the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed
At the twilight's last gleaming
Whose broad stripes and bright stars
Through the perilous night
O'er the ramparts we watched
Were so gallantly streaming
And the rockets' red glare
The bombs bursting in air
Gave proof through the night
That our flag was still there
Oh, say does that star-spangled
Banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free
And the home of the brave.


And then there are four other verses that nobody knows, because that's the only one anybody ever sings.

I also know the Belizean national anthem:

Land of the free by the Carib sea
Our manhood we pledge to thy liberty...


Never mind. :P

Anonymous said...

Do you have any associations about why you love the smell of coal smoke? I have one idea but won't say now 'cause you were very little.

I was there too when you were learning to swim and remember we took you to group lessons when we lived in Sun Prairie. Memories are funny, right? That's not to say mine is the better, or more correct; I expect I refine my memories somewhat just like everybody else. They're fallible foibles.