About Archives Cast Links The Junk Drawer

prompts

I don't have anything to blog about, which is why this post will consist of me answering writing prompts from THIS SITE. I'm interested to see what sort of things I'll end up writing about. 

Prompt #1
Your 10 favourite scents or smells: 
  1. vanilla
  2. coffee
  3. jasmine
  4. osmanthus fragrans
  5. fabric softener
  6. fresh bread
  7. old books
  8. coconut
  9. lilac
  10. lavender
Prompt #2 
Define love. 

Um.... Love is undefinable. Everybody should just acknowledge that and move on. When people 'define love', they are only talking about the ways love is manifested, or the way that they perceive love to be. 

Prompt #3
10 things I learned at school that weren't part of the curriculum. 
  1. The people who try to make your life difficult are scared
  2. There are always people who will try and pick a fight with you
  3. There are always people who will find a reason to dislike you
  4. China isn't really communist
  5. 'Thought and Morals' teachers are the most likely to be leaders of the communist party
  6. 'Thoughts and Morals' teachers are the most likely to give you strange looks when you mention religion
  7. Don't talk to yourself at school. EVER. 
  8. Writing poetry in biology class is not advisable, unless it happens to be about dragons, in which case you can make a cheeky remark about studying the anatomy of other-worldly creatures
  9. Reading 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire' in math class is not permissible even if you have already done all the practice problems and finished the day's homework
  10. Correcting someone in authority, even respectfully, even when they are wrong and you are right, is frowned upon
Prompt #4
What do you do with all the things you write about? 

I dream about them, talk to them, think about them, speculate about them, observe them, laugh at them, mourn over their dead bodies, giggle at the silly things they come up with, draw them, imagine life without them, imagine life with too many of them... 

Prompt #5
What would you do if the sun didn't rise tomorrow? 

Would it still be tomorrow, seeing as the earth would not have orbited around the sun another time? But I will answer the spirit of the question. If the sun didn't rise tomorrow, I would enjoy the chance to have candles lit all day. Melted wax is another one of my favourite smells, and candlelight changes the whole atmosphere of a room. It makes things have another side and more meanings. 

I'm having fun doing this. Originally I was going to stop at five, but I'll do a few more. 

Prompt #6
"It is all vanity and striving after the wind." Agree or disagree? 

Agree, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't strive. Who knows what you might bump into along the way? 

Prompt #7
When someone asks for your opinion, are you always honest? Why or why not? 

I am generally honest. But you can only get the whole picture if you listen to my pointed silences. Why? Because there really is nothing to be gained from lying except lies. 

Prompt #8
What one gift would you like for yourself? 

Wisdom. 

Prompt #9
What remains constant in your life? 

Books and the characters in them. I have to confess that they always offer blissful escape. 

Prompt #10
If you could be any person in the world, who would you be, and why? 

I would be me, because I can't imagine being anyone else. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Layli, you are an old soul and I learn a lot from you. I am very lucky to know you and have you as part of my life. Love, Auntie cm