About Archives Cast Links The Junk Drawer

the week in one post

I find myself once again facing having to apologize for not posting. I've been exhausted and busy. I'm leaving to spend a (long) week with my aunt tomorrow afternoon, and my mom's leaving for Shanghai the day after that. (Notice how I didn't actually apologize.) 

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before or not (I probably did), but my youngest uncle is now married. Pictures later. Allow me to say that I spent a weekend in Dallas, ate a ton of really good food, talked to a couple of really cool people, escaped shopping, didn't fall asleep in the middle of 'The Matrix' and laughed a lot. All in all, it was more than satisfactory. 

Hmm... I seem to be overly fond of parenthetical inserts. But they're so convenient that I'm not going to even attempt to limit my use. 

I read 'The Notebook' by Nicholas Sparks yesterday, and 'A Walk to Remember' also by Nicholas Sparks on the day before that. They were fairly good, heart-wrenching, all that... But they were also too sappy for my taste. It's not that I don't like love stories, I just like my characters to be sane and functioning human beings even when they are in love. It's fine to have moments in the book that make me want to go 'aaaw', but after twenty pages straight, the feeling wears off and the characters start to annoy me. However, I do have to admit that they annoy me more in retrospect than when I was actually reading the books. 

So that's pretty much what's happened in this past week. I find it hard to believe that I have to start school in less than two weeks. Oh, yeah. Another thing that happened: I signed up for my courses at Brigham Young. I'll be taking Psychology and Journalism for my electives this semester (or however long it takes me to finish the courses). I hope I have nice teachers. But at least I don't really have to worry about classmates. 

Classmates aren't my thing. After being cooped up in a room with someone not of my choosing for a certain length of time, I invariably feel like finding myself a nice cave in the Adirondack Mountains and spending a year or two there. School is only a good learning environment if you're an extrovert, so I'm really glad I get to escape it three years early. I'm much more productive when I work alone, so hopefully school will be a lot less stressful this year. 

I would like to point out an addition to the 'Favourite Sites' on the bottom left-hand corner of this blog. About the Myers-Brigg Type Indicator deserves a place on my blog, seeing as anything that has to do with psychology fascinates me. Synesthesia is also a new addition. I discovered the article when I was reading (more) about autism. 

0 comments: