About Archives Cast Links The Junk Drawer

oooh, look what my mommy left me!

I just finished completely unpacking both my check-in suitcase and my carry-on. I discovered a few 'presents' from my mother dearest. 

  1. A (slightly leaky) bag of tumeric
  2. A (very leaky) bag of chili powder
  3. A (very 'fragrant') bag of sassafras
  4. A bag of (very 'fragrant') bag of tarragon
  5. A container of Vicks Vapo-Rub with the lid not screwed on tightly
  6. A bottle of cocoa-butter lotion with the lid not screwed on tightly
  7. A box of (very strong) fabric softener
  8. Two fitted sheets
  9. Five pairs of stockings
  10. A hair-clip that won't quite hold a quarter of my hair up
I found the first seven items by following my nose. For the past few days, I had been wondering why strange smells were coming from my suitcase. Now that I've properly sealed all containers and put the various spices into double plastic bags, I'm almost missing having everything smell like chili powder. Just kidding. And the sassafras was right next to the fabric softener. That was an interesting smell. 

Now that I've gotten to the bottom of the suitcases and everything is sitting on the bed, I'm surprised by the number of shoes I now have (12) and how large the pile of clothing is. I hope it all fits... 

0 comments: