About Archives Cast Links The Junk Drawer

the joys of public libraries

I went to the library today before lunch and checked out: 

Talking to Dragons, by Patricia C. Wrede
Calling on Dragons, by Patricia C. Wrede
Hunting the Corrigan's Blood, by Holly Lisle
Enchantment, by Orson Scott Card
Dragonsblood, by Todd McCaffrey
Dragon Harper, by Anne and Todd McCaffrey
Dragon's Kin, by Anne and Todd McCaffrey
Deerskin, by Robin McKinley
Sunshine, by Robin McKinley

Oh, how I love sci-fi and fantasy. I didn't have time to look at the mystery section (which is probably a good thing, because I'm only going to be in North Little Rock for nine days). 

I've already read the first two on my list. They were great. I love the way she pokes fun at fairy-tales and other fantasy books and how she manages to have her characters do the most ridiculous things and still be plausible. In that sense she's a lot like Diana Wynne Jones, who is another one of my favourite authors. 

Right now, it's 9:45 PM, so I'm going to get into bed with a good book. 

Good night! 

P.S. I did do other things besides read this afternoon, like swim. 

P.P.S. I'm going to read 'Hunting the Corrigan's Blood' next. 

0 comments: