About Archives Cast Links The Junk Drawer

complicated

Good afternoon!

I'm sorry I didn't post yesterday. Mom and I went out last night and then I went to bed early-- and of course I got up at 5:30 AM this morning as a result...

Anyhow. I spent all of yesterday morning and half of this morning talking to two of the most awesome people in the universe on Skype. Yes, yesterday I spent no less than 4 hours talking Brynne and Carew. It was so nice to hear their voices, seeing as I hadn't for 10 months. It made me very hyper, a bit depressed and very quiet afterwards. Consequently, I spent most of the afternoon holed up in my room listening to sad music and writing in my journal...

I was thinking about it last night, and concluded that I play word association every waking minute (literally). Because when I think of a word, it has a bunch of other words connected to it. These words usually are:
  1. synonyms or antonyms of the original word
  2. adjectives that can be used to describe the original word
  3. words in the same category or that are in a subcategory of the original word
  4. words associated to a memory that is also associated to the original word
  5. words that rhyme with the original word
I never, ever think in pictures, which is a bit of a shame, but since I haven't met anyone who thinks the same way I do, maybe I'm unique! Or not. But I've noticed that a lot of people don't actually know how they think, and I find that very strange.

Oh, and ideas and emotions have colours. The complicated ones are pretty...

OK, I had better go and do math before class.

Edit: I just wanted to add that I think in words no matter what language I am speaking/thinking in at the moment.

0 comments: