About Archives Cast Links The Junk Drawer

a lament about my lack of shelves

As I've been putting books on my shelves, I've noticed that I have er... interesting taste in books. And is it weird that I have eighteen books by Isaac Asimov? And I have Iranian poet Rumi sandwiched between J. K. Rowling and E. Rose Sabin. 

Here's a brief overview of the books on my shelf so far (I'm begging for more shelves, we'll see if I get them or not. ): 

  • science fiction, 29 titles
  • fantasy, 26 titles
  • classics, 20 titles
  • historical fiction, 9 titles
  • young adult fiction, 7 titles
  • Baha'i fiction, 3 titles
  • children's fiction, 1 title
And that's all that fits on my pathetic shelves. :(

1 comments:

markm said...

I don't think it's weird to have 18 books by Asimov, unless you're noting how few you've got. Asimov has written some excellent books, mostly non-fiction, and occupies the shelves of only distinguished book collectors. I've got far more than 18 of his books, and I'm on the look-out for more.