About Archives Cast Links The Junk Drawer

pics, at last

It's the first day of vacation, and so far I've done the following:
  • made muffins (yum, blueberry ones, from a mix though)
  • sorted old photos
  • read the various blogs I read
  • ripped a bunch of music onto the computer
  • messed around
  • written in my journal
  • reinstalled the driver for the camera (for the fifth time)
  • cleaned my room
  • messed around a bit more
  • reinstalled the driver for the camera again...and IT WORKED!!! My computer no longer makes strange whirring noises and crashes when I hook the camera up to it! I have no idea why it worked that particular time though...
So, here are pictures, at long last, of the Yunnan trip almost two months ago.

Yes, the sign (in the Kunming airport) does really say "Electronic Ticket CUSS Self Check-in"

The gorgeous old city of Lijiang

...which has lots of artsy-craftsy stuff


More general prettiness


The view from our restaurant window

Batik tablecloths, anyone?

Steep, steep hill. Especially when you have altitude sickness.

"the naxi nationality talk big hepatic"? Ooo-kay then.

"chicken beans bean jilly"

Embroidery, and ermbroiderer.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chinglish, how I love thee! ;)